Grocophile Version 1.4
Grocophile version 1.4 updates Dropbox support and supports the 4-inch Retina displays.
- Support for 4-inch Retina displays uses the full screen on all compatible iPhone and iPod Touch devices.
- Updated support for Dropbox.
- Removed obsolete code for mac.com since iDisk is no longer supported.
- Removed obsolete code for Google Docs.
Grocophile Version 1.3
Grocophile version 1.3 fixes a critical bug and adds a number of enhancements.
- Support backup and restore through MobileMe and Dropbox.
- Improve Email support.
- Fix bug that can cause a loss of user data when app is quit before launch process is complete.
- Google Docs: fix problem restoring from a Google Docs backup.
Grocophile Version 1.2.1
Grocophile version 1.2.1 is a maintenance release with a few enhancements and bug fixes.
- Show selected store name when emailing the shopping list.
- Improve generation of formatted email and fallback to plain text when necessary.
- Improve message when shopping list is empty because all items are in hidden aisles.
- Fix problem with Search keyboard popping up when switching tabs.
- Improved performance and reliability.
Grocophile Version 1.2
Grocophile version 1.2 adds support for using a free Google Documents account to backup, restore and merge data over the Internet.
Grocophile users can use a free Google Documents account to backup, restore and merge data over the Internet. In addition to being able to backup your data outside of iTunes, users can now share data over the Internet using a shared Google Documents account. Read the Google Documents tutorial for more information.
- Sometimes after doing a merge, the shopping list items would not show up correctly until an item as added or removed from the list. The data was correct, just drawn incorrectly.
Grocophile Version 1.1.3
Grocophile version 1.1.3 is a maintenance release that addresses an elusive bug that has been very annoying to a few of our users.
- Sometimes editing an item would cause Grocophile to crash.
Interested readers can learn read our developer blog to learn about the tricky details of this subtle bug.
Grocophile Version 1.1.2
Grocophile version 1.1.2 is a maintenance release that addresses a number of issues reported by our customers.
- The Email button sometimes did nothing depending on the content of the shopping list.
- Adding a new inventory item under certain specific circumstances would cause Grocophile to crash.
- A few other rare problems were fixed.
Grocophile Version 1.1.1
Grocophile version 1.1.1 is a maintenance release that addresses a number of issues reported by our customers.
- Deleting an aisle caused a crash.
- In certain unusual circumstances, changing the the group of an item caused a crash.
- In the "Search" view, pressing the "New" button before any text had been typed in the search field caused a crash.
- The "Show" button in the List view was incorrectly enabled when some items on the list are assigned to "hidden" aisles.
- If items were marked as complete in the list view, but left visible, quitting and restarting Grocophile would cause those items to be shown as not completed until something caused the list to rebuild itself.
Grocophile Version 1.1
Grocophile version 1.1 adds some great new features, including the top requests from our users. The biggest new features are the ability to view and search through the entire inventory as one flat list and the ability to assign aisles directly from the shopping list view.
We've also fixed a handful of bugs, including the problem with the "loupe" that refused to move when trying to edit an item's name or detail.
While we have added some great new capabilities to Grocophile, we have strived to keep the user interface as simple and clean as possible. If you have any thoughts on how Grocophile could be better, please email
- New Search view shows and searches entire inventory.
- Assign aisles directly from the Shopping list.
- An inventory item's group can be changed from the detail view.
- Add a Clear button to remove an item's aisle assignment.
- Stores can have a default aisle that gets used by items with no aisle assignment.
- Shopping list items that have no assigned aisle are sorted by group.
- The name of the currently selected store is shown at the top of the shopping list.
- Items can be hidden for a given store by assigned them to a "hidden" aisle.
- Known devices can be remembered for "always" access for data transfer.
- Adding auto-numbered aisles can include prefix or suffix, as in 1A, 2A, etc.
- Added ability to restore an accidentally cleared shopping list.
- Add new items directly from the search bar when desired item not found.
- Set quantity for item from text in search bar.
- Difficult/impossible to move insertion point when editing item text. (Our thanks to Glen Low for his elegant solution to this iPhone OS bug.)
- Emailing a shopping list ends early when there's an ampersand in an item or aisle.
- Merging data from another device resets the selected store.
- Hidden shopping list items pop back into view when Grocophile is relaunched.
- When merging matching list items, quantity string gets clipped to one character.
- The WiFi button was often disabled even when there was an active WiFi connection.
- A number of smaller fixes that make the Grocophile experience a bit smoother.